Tuesday, 12 February 2013

Leap years

Can you hear that noise? It's the creaky door which I haven't opened for quite a while it seems! Honestly, since September I have hardly been able to sniff nevermind write anything, it's been non-stop.

I had every intention of writing one of those 'looking back over the year' posts at new year, but you know how it is, life gets in the way of life and all that, and January, which I was expecting to be a quiet month, turned out to be my busiest month out of the last 12!

Now it is February, and things haven't really slowed down although I do find myself with a lull today, enabling me to write this - I may be close to the point of exhaustion collapse!

So this time last year, I took an enormous leap of faith. I spent all the money I had on a 6 year lease agreement to start renting my beautiful woodland cottage studio. It was the worlds most expensive lease agreement I might add - something to do with lawyers in London. I needed to move all my stuff out of home (it was taking over), have a lovely space to see clients, and a space in which to teach and work.  I got all of that - my leap paid off very well and this week  Sew Curvy was officially incorporated as Limited Company which feels very grown up and a trifle scary!



It seems that February is a time for leaping as I have now done it again - another leap which I hope will be as successful - if not more so - than the aforementioned! I'm having a conference! In Oxford. And it's going to be all about corsets!  I'll tell you more about it another day because I don't want you to think that i'm only here to tell you about that - but it is ridiculously exciting.  I have a number of 'special guests' lined up!

So in the meantime, another project I had to get off the ground ... The re-launch of my own corset brand. I do have a new name because I feel i've grown out of "MarmaladeKiss" -  I am over 40 now after all .. so I made 6 corsets 2 of which came with wedding gowns and had them all photographed by amazing photographer and re-toucher Catherine Day. Here is a sneaky peak of one of them ...

model: Tessa Kuragi
photographer:  Catherine Day

9 comments:

Esz said...

You got Tessa Karugi to be your model - wow!! LOVE.

Esz said...

And I totally spelled her name wrong - oops!

Toffeeapple said...

What a lot has been happening to you, congratulations on all counts and good luck for the future too.

Gina said...

Wow! What else to say other than huge congratulations. Best of luck for all the wonderful things to follow!

Indigo Blue said...

Congratulations, sounds like all of that hard work is paying off.
Well deserved.
xx

electrosux said...

Congrats on becoming a company!

Twiggy said...

Flippin heck gorgeous corset Julia. Well done with your business you deserve your success.
Twiggy x

Billie Jane said...

OMG Julia!!!!! That is the most gorgeous corset!! Look at you now girl!!! Yeah!!!!

tors (girl meets wolf) said...

Congratulations on going limited! I hope 2013 sees bigger and brighter for you!