Tuesday 25 March 2008

What a Swell Party this Is


I started a new job today, after a 6 month break, so arrived home with a headache and a brain filled with a muddle of "new job information". On the doorstep waiting for me was an excitedly anticipated package from Buttonberry (thanks for the tip Florence). Inside, was a Swell Jelly Roll, by Moda, (and a random fat quarter which I did order, but I can't remember why) ...


It didn't last long in it's tidy roll. As much as I tried to make the moment last, after approximately 40 seconds, the 40 strips of fabric had been unravelled. That's one strip per second. It was a bit of a frenzy I have to admit...


I have since been simultaneously arranging them and staring at them catatonically. Like a rabbit trapped in the glare of headlights, such a dazzling array of beauty before me yet such a tired mind ...


Ideas are starting to creep in after some brain refueling with several cups of tea and several mini eggs.


I'm trying with all my might to ignore my tired and confused little brain, and get a handbag together for tomorrow, but that might also involve painting my nails red to match. Would that be Swellegant or Elegant?

5 comments:

Marmadaisy said...

I love that combination for that purse. Hmmmm, definitely swelegant!

Florence Knapp (Flossie Teacakes) said...

Oh Julia! I'm so sorry re: your comment on my blog. I'd come and looked for an email address for you after your oven gloves question, but had been unable to find one (you are listed as noreply on the email section when you leave a post on my blog)- however, I had meant to leave a comment on your blog asking you to send me your email address....but as I said, I'm inefficient and must have got side-tracked! I'm so sorry.

I hope your new job is going well - I ordered the same Swell fabrics, but as a charm pack - they are gorgeous. I look forward to seeing what you make - I am hoarding them slightly as they seem to lovely to use.

Anyway, my email is: flossieteacakes(at)gmail(dot)com - do email me if you want oven glove information.

Ali said...

First day back and you're coming home and making a bag. I am very impressed. My own after first day at work plans involve wine and bubble bath!

Anonymous said...

Oh Julia we're very excited about seeing the startings of a lovely bag there! Bags are our faves if you haven't guessed already ;)

We're so glad the 'Swelegant' fabrics were on hand to calm and entrance after such a hard day :)

Good luck with the new job and keep us posted on those creations!
Lisa & Emma xxx

angharad handmade said...

The swell fabrics are gorgeous, aren't they! I was also tempted after seeing Florence's blog and bought a charm pack.

Hope your new job is going well. That bag looks like it's going to be lovely!