I have so many things to sew! I'm really going to have to crack on with all of them. I still haven't started my 'costume' blogged last month, I've got to make a start on the V&A stays, have another pencil skirt or three in my head, and I've a dress to make for a friend in time for a July wedding. I have at least made a start on that as it's been worrying me a little, not least because I wanted to make the pattern myself.
This is what I've got to 'copy'
- really it's the fabric and style which Miss L (as we shall call her) likes. After a long search I have finally found the fabric. It's 100% silk with a lovely drape, and at £13.99/metre, not too expensive either. Miss L, because she is wearing it to a wedding, doesn't want it quite as flared as the picture. So, after a hefty dot & cross session, I came up with a pattern, and have completed the toile which is now being modelled by Madge who isn't quite the right proportions and has big feet which are distorting the flow.
Even though it is a very simple strapless style made up of 4 panels, I am VERY pleased with it, and myself for that matter! Who'd have thought it!