Saturday 24 July 2010

The Seven Deadly Sins of Sewing (SOS)

image from here

I have been led into temptation again, at the fabric shop ..  it's my own fault after forcing fabric absinence upon myself.  My fabric lust reached epic proportions and I just haven't been able to help myself for weeks!  I'm sure I could be accused of every one of the 7 deadly sins  ...  

Lust = I must have that fabric - isn't it loooooovely .. stroke stroke gaze sigh ... 
Gluttony = I must have that fabric aswell ... and that one .. Oh! and that one .... 
Greed = There is not enough fabric in the world for me - I want it ALL!
Laziness = I don't know what to make - I think I shall procrastinate for a while .. a long while.
Wrath = Arghhh! Where's the stupid seam ripper?
Envy = I love your fabric!
Pride = Look what I made :)

I now have a stuffed fabric cupboard and TOO MUCH INFORMATION floating around in my brain, so i've decided that the only way to absolve my guilty conscience and relieve my tired little mind is to get it all down on paper, and work through each design systematically over the summer.

So.. along with my trusty book:



Some free Croquis files downloaded from HERE



And my trusty scanner, to scan my fabric like so ... 



....  I have come up with my first design diagram for a nightie.  It's only simple to start with!  But hopefully, once everything is out of my head, I can get on with something more virtuous!!



(I wish my legs were this long!)

8 comments:

Sewingadicta said...

Arghhh! I confess! I have some of those sins as well, the draft nightgown is delicious.

The Sewing Directory said...

Wow that looks great, are you going to make it? Would love to see the pics if you do.

Fiona

Diane said...

Even though I have not sewn anything much for above a year, I am still ammassing fabric!! Lovely sweet and innocent looking nighty - who are you sewing it for???!!!! xxxxx

Unknown said...

I'm at a stage where I should be using cheap calico in all my projects, as my sewing skills are still a bit rubbish. I still have the urge to buy lots of nice fabric and have already a nice stack. :D Starting the corset tomorrow and currently trying to figure out boning channels :)

Jessica said...

haha very cute post!

Jane Le Galloudec said...

Oh my... I think it must be catching... well I haven't been buying but I have been accepting all sorts of cast offs from family and friends (most of which I should have said NO to)... a list... yes a list is a good idea... but I am too busy watering the allotment to sew at the moment... You amaze me, how much you get done!!

Sew Create It - Jane said...

Love the finished graphic...so many skills needed to not only design the clothing, but putting it to paper and graphics too...I'm impressed!

Florence Knapp (Flossie Teacakes) said...

That's gorgeous! I'm not understanding the software though - is this capable of being used to draft printable patterns, including grading - which would be amazing - or is it more a tool to see what your finished design might look like - which is also amazing?

x