Tuesday 29 April 2008

Should've Gone to Specsavers

I am going out tonight and I will mostly be wearing these ..... not JUST these of course .. but they are an essential part of my attire as they are safety glasses. I wonder if Italian safety glasses would be more stylish? Certainly these are big enough, but really not very classy ...



Here is a clue as to what I'll be doing ... These stained glass windows are in the Keble College Chapel (Oxford) ... I wanted to show you nicer ones, but couldn't find a picture on the web. I took lots myself but I don't have them anymore ... they are still at Keble ...




... which happens to be where I used to work ... no, not the Chapel, the College. I'm not going to church tonight (besides, i would scorch my hand on the doorknobs), and I'm not going to Keble, but I AM going to learn how to make stained glass windows!

2 comments:

dottycookie said...

Oh fab - lucky you! I've been wanting to learn that for a while but the opportunity has not presented itself. I have a couple of places over the top of doors where stained glass panels would be fab but pricey!

Unknown said...

Hi, just found your blog in CraftyBlogs (you are just above me in the list) and enjoyed having a peruse.
I was born and grew up in Oxfordshire so I really enjoyed your photo's.

I've lived in Wooton, Witney, Kidlington and Bicester over time and spent lots of time in Woodstock (where I got married).

I have added you to my list of blogs I like to visit & look forward to popping in again.

Your new job sounds fantastic !