Thursday 8 May 2008

Visions of Perfection

Yesterday, 3 queen wasps came into my sewing room looking for a home, bah humbug!

But so did this little fellow ... and for hours I tried to photograph him with his wings spread open as they have the most gloriously vibrant orange flashes on them and I have never seen one of these before. He refused to participate in my photosession, but I thought his outerwear was pretty special too.


Continuing on a photographic theme, now that my life has settled down somewhat, and I have shed one job, I have resolved to get a shop going on Etsy and to get things started, I made myself a lightbox. It works very well - I don't have photoshop, but this is the next best thing, and cheap at half the price!


In the background is a picture of Uma Thurman in Pulp Fiction .. I suppose you could call her a Vision of Perfection too.

3 comments:

Marmadaisy said...

Blech wasps. I had to remove five from the kitchen this afternoon, the four legged members of our household try to eat them and that's one trip to the vets I don't want. I use my bath as a lightbox, your version seems much cleaner and less likely to be full of hair and soap scum.

Kathi D said...

That is a fabulous little photo studio! What is it made of? It seems to be so utterly and perfectly WHITE.

Joanna said...

there are shed loads of wasps everywhere at the moment. Love the photo. I bought a lightbox (bloody expensive) yours looks much better. Looking through your profile, you have read one of the books on my "to read list". The god delusion is it worth me buying??? Love your blog.