I've been at it all day again... well, from about midday after all the usual weekendly chores were done.
I managed to get all my pattern pieces cut and marked up ... there are lots!! And this isn't counting the silver panels and bondaweb to glue it on with.
Once that's done, then building work can begin .. This is the front fastener of the corset. It is called a Busk.
First job is to cover the busk with lining fabric. This stops it wearing the outer fabric. There's going to be alorralorra pressure on this! And covering it first is good practice for insertion to the outer fabric.
After sewing the covered busk into the corset, then the bust gussets have to go in. I'm not sure about the size of these. I've cut them in a "2D" size. The last one I did was too small on a "b" size. It's quite difficult to tell as the squish factor changes one's proportions somewhat. I may have to undo the gores at a later stage and shrink them.
This is where I finished up for the day. One side panel with silvery rubbery fabric glued on. I'm very pleased with the result. By by the time I took this picture it was nearly 6pm! I'd forgotton how long it takes!!
I had good company throughout! Marley has been with us for one week today... I think he looks quite relaxed about things!!