Sunday 10 May 2009

Taking Shape

I am pooped! Sewing most of the day again.

This morning Miss L came for a dress fitting. I was so pleased that the dress fitted perfectly with only a tiny adjustment to the bust which I expected. Hurrah!!

Then it was on with the corset.


I've completed the shell. Tried it on. The cups were too big as suspected but I didn't mind as during the night I had a better idea which involved taking them out (and replacing them) anyway. Which I have done now, but post pictures.


These pics are with only 2 bones at the back and one at the front, so the shape isn't perfect yet. By the time it's finished there will be about 20 bones.

So! Guess what I'll be doing tomorrow?!


13 comments:

Daisie said...

It looks absolutely fabulous!! Even without all it's bones, can't wait to see the finished item.
xxx

Anonymous said...

you don't hang about do you... looking good!
xx

Taz said...

I'm guessing some good old boning is what you'll be up to. Wow you are one fast worker hon. It looks amazing.

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous...

Sandi Linn Andersen said...

Ouch! Just the thought of being tied into the corset makes my ribs hurt! LOL! Just the thought of the work you put into this makes me tired!!! Guess I better take two aspirin and go to bed!! Seriously, amazing work!!

Kitty said...

It looks great ... I really like it with the jeans too. You are one quick sewist! x

Fancy Elastic said...

Julia, Just catching up on your corset posts... you are incredible! Looking forward to seeing the finished article!

x

The Coffee Lady said...

I have been following this, and you are exhausting me. I haven't even sewn new buttons on my raincoat.

Jane Le Galloudec said...

I just wish I had somewhere to wear a corset to. I mean it's not exactly your every day wear.... I hope you will be telling us all about the event you are going to? It looks great by the way... very impressive sewing!

Sew Create It - Jane said...

As we would have said when I was young and mom got all dolled up..."whoo wee sexy!" Looks fab!

Anonymous said...

Looking good!!!

xx

Tracy said...

WOW--it looks fantastic, Julia! Very much enjoyed these corset posts and now seeing the photo this try.. And this corset does look super with jeans. But 20 pieces of boning...yikes! Happy Sewing :o) ((HUGS))

Limecat said...

Oooh I say!