I've picked partners for the seed swap by way of 'lucky dip'. Although there was lots of interest, not everybody who thought it was a good idea had any seeds to swap - next year ladies!! So, there are 8 participants including me, last one out of the pot swaps with me:
Val and Me!
Here's a reminder of the rules:
1) Participants should swap 2 variety of seeds which have been collected this summer/autumn either from their garden, or from the hedgerow around their home. They must be labelled clearly with instructions if appropriate.
2) Swap package should include a recipe for 'preserving summer', perhaps a chutney or a jam, or a pickle, ie: a recipe designed to preserve the summer harvest for the dark days of winter.
3) Posting deadline is by 30 September.
4) Seeds can include flowers or vegetables, the more unusual (ie: heritage seeds) the better.
5) You can send more than 2 varieties, but this is the minimum.
Please get in touch with your swap partner to say hello (I think we all know eachother!) and swap addresses. When all swaps are sent and received, don't forget to post on your blogs and put a note in the calendar to show progress next year!
Have I missed anything?