Wednesday 23 June 2010

Seed Swap 2010

OK.

Here's the button.
If you would like to join in with this swap, please leave a comment on this post, then take the button and post it on your blog with a link back to here, by Friday 30th July.  That gives you a whole month to figure out if you will have any seeds to swap in your garden.  I really hope you do!

This is a bit of a "long term" swap, merely because last year, people wanted to have more notice, and ofcourse no seeds will be ready to be sent until at least mid-September  Spread the word if you will, and here are the rules again:

Please include in your package:
  • Flower seeds and vegetable seeds from your garden or your neighbourhood ie: not from a packet - don't feel you have to send a whole field load!! A couple varieties of each will be fine.
  • A recipe for the harvest should also be included
  • Your favourite organic gardening tip
  • Something crafty in your parcel which has a 'bee' theme.  This can be a homemade gift, or some crafty bee inspired bits which your swap partner can make things with.
I will post a reminder or two before end July, and at the beginning of August I shall allocate swap partners, so that you have a whole month (or so) to get your swap ready to send.

Please join in and spread the word!

Now just for fun, here's a picture I saw on Gertie's blog today.


It's a dress by Elsa Schiaparelli which is in the High Style exhibit in the Brooklyn Museum, New York, and it is printed with pictures of seed packets!  Proof that Sewing and Sowing go hand in hand??




8 comments:

dottycookie said...

Oh yes, I'm in, though not sure how many varieties I'll have - it's all looking a bit sad out there!

Twiggy said...

Ooo I really enjoyed this swap last year. Count me in please Julia. We've lots of bee friendly plants in our garden and i'm keeping part of our new lottie as a wild flower patch to attract, bees, butterflies and anyone else who wants to call in :)
Twiggy x

Indigo Blue said...

I enjoyed this last year and I think that my seeds sent to Kitty have grown well for her this year. I actually have a little veg patch this year too. Better write down the rules as ones brain cells are not working too well lately.
x

A garden just outside Venice said...

Hello Julie!
I came via Diane's blog..I wish I could join too (I missed it last year!), but I'm afraid, it's too "long term" for me, as my seeds can be sowed immediately.
Anyway, it's a very lovely swap!

A garden just outside Venice said...

Hi again! Thank you for your explanation..that's ok then..my I join in, please? :)
Maybe in the meanwhile I can get more varieties!

Vanilla Rose said...

Will do a post on that if I can call it "Marvellous Marmalade", which is ironic as I don't like the flavour of marmalade as such. But I do like your blog.

silverpebble said...

Oh yessy yessy please! How very exciting! I'm thinking up bee-style plans right now!

Jane Le Galloudec said...

How did I miss this? yes please I will have some seeds this year and am looking forward to joining in... not sure what to do with a bee theme though... mmm will have tothink on that. :-)