Wednesday 2 June 2010

Sowing not Sewing


One of the reasons I have been absent for a bit is because i've been in a sOwing frenzy.  It's early summer here in the UK, and even though i've been planting seeds since January growth is VERY slow - apparently 'summer' is officially a couple of weeks 'behind schedule' - even the Italian Connection has reported a slow rate of growth from the mountains south of Milan in Italy.  

HOWEVER, this hasn't stopped me from planting the seeds received last year, from Ginny, Pomona and Val as part of the 2009 Seed Swap which I organised.  They are sprouting fantastically well!  I have Polish beans from Val along with lots of flowers, I have peas, beans and poppies from Ginny all waiting to be planted out, and some beautiful bird friendly  Giant Thistles and blue delphiniums amongst other floral delights, from Pomona.


And so, as we hurtle towards midsummer, I am inviting you to join in again!  Last year, I was a little too late, and many people who would have joined in, had not managed to save or make enough seeds from their gardens for a swap.  I have a theme in mind for this year's swap and will reveal all at the Summer Solstice, but in the meantime, if you'd like  pass on ideas to be included, then please comment on this post!  



6 comments:

Debi said...

ohhhh...very exciting! I've been doing a lot of sowing (as opposed to sewing) as well!

Gina said...

I hope everything grows! I'm going to give the swap a miss this year... not because I don't want to do it but because I've got too much going on.

dottycookie said...

This is the one swap this year I would like to be included in - though at the rate my plants are growing some of the seeds may be, ahem, sourced from elsewhere ;-)

silverpebble said...

Ooh, can I join in this year? When will it be?

Vanilla Rose said...

So good when people can spell.

The year is off to a slow start. I was meaning to plant sunflower seeds for MayDay but still have not got round to it.

Jane Le Galloudec said...

It's true the growth seemed slow for a while but I think today's rain will help loads! Please count me in... I have some Marigold seeds from Spain which I would like to include... plus something I have grown myself of course! If they fit with your theme...? which is intriguing.