Wednesday 23 April 2008

Getting in a Froth


Did you know that Starbucks has in the past published a little booklet to explain how to order one of their coffees? I have read that book and still i am none the wiser - not that i get my coffee from there anyway, but why do they have to make it so complicated? One thing I do know now however, is the difference between a Cappuccino and a Latte: A cappuccino is made of coffee, a tiny bit of milk and a lot of froth, the other is made of coffee, a lot of milk and a small amount of froth. I really never knew that ..

I will be explaining all of this and other exciting things on the new Eynsham Emporium Cookshop blog (!) which my new boss has asked me to create just as soon as she talks to her Webmaster!! Isn't that exciting!? I have already been wondering around the shop thinking "that'd make a good photo" and "what to write about that" ..

In the meantime though, I have promised Marmadaisy that I will do the Fat Quarter Friday Tutorial for her this week, so I better get on with it! Here is advance notice of the materials to be used:

some of a fat quarter
a small amount of wadding
nail varnish

2 comments:

Mrs Moog said...

I hope No1 knows how lucky she is to have a talented blogger on her staff!! A blog full of photos of cookshoppy loveliness may actually be too much to bear!

The mayonnaise was gorgeous, by the way, and DH and the kids loved it too!!! Ashamed to say I ditched the egg white this time :(

Got my nail varnish at the ready - can't wait to see what we're making :)

xxxx

jennyflowerblue said...

My partners Dad really likes to know the 'rules' in any situation and is a bit of a details man. The first time we took him to Starbucks we had to que twice as we got to the counter and he couldn't work out what the hell was going on! I am so proud of my Dad whatever posh coffee shop we end up in he asks for a BLACK COFFEE just like that through gritted teeth, like a challenge! I have never heard anyone ask him if he wants a vente or a grande. Good job they make it infront of you----stops them spitting in it!