Friday 27 June 2008

This Space


This weekend, I would mostly like to make something ravishing, from some of these "old clothes" i've been given by various friends, and relatives, to re-purpose.

There are lots of these ...


A bit of this - quite Cath Kidston ...


A very voluminous white lacy skirt - not my style at all, but looks nice like this...


2 skirts and a shirt - all very large ..


I was particularly inspired by the inside of this waistband which in it's entirety says "Buy land .. They don't make it anymore" .. i hate to keep banging on about it, but these things are close to my heart...


Some treasure - liberty print blouses ... !


And finally, the real gem..... A bargain e-bay find. Looks nice, don't you think?

5 comments:

Mrs Moog said...

I can't wait to see what you make - those fabrics are gorgeous! Loving the Liberty prints :)

Happy sewing!
xx

Anonymous said...

I'm very intrigued to see what you make with that collection!

I love the waistband with the witty one-liners...

Kitty said...

Oh wow - it all looks so mouth-watering. Can't wait to see what you make with it. I love to use old 'stuff' to make new 'stuff'.

x

Tracy said...

Very exciting...I can't wait to see the end result of all this loveliness! Such fur to read of your new hens in your latest post (so sorry you lost a sweet girl not long ago though :o( We leave for London Tuedays, be away a week--can't wait! Look forward to catching up with you when we get back. ((HUGS))

Anonymous said...

Can't wait to see what you're going to make with all that 'stuff'. There are some nice patterns/ideas about for some really fun bags made out of re-purposed jeans with girly linings. Just an idea. Enjoy.